Today is the last day of school for Van and Viv. So grateful that Viv’s foot was not broken. Kids, you both did a great job this school year. We grew a lot and both of you discovered new challenges and met them head on. Life can be a series of hurdles that sometimes don’t make a lot of sense to us as we approach them, but I appreciate you trusting me and encouraging you both to keep running. Now let’s soak up some sunshine this summer and have fun, there’s more hurdles waiting for us this Fall.
Speaking of running, I have some exciting news to share soon regarding my next race – please stay tuned!
Food, Inc. – eye-opening documentary about Monsanto and a host of corporate food conglomerates and the effect on the American diet. If you’ve ever seen your friends posting GMO messages on various social networks and never bothered to read anything about them, you should really watch this film.
Promised Land – good, not great film about fracking and it’s effect on America’s heartland. This would be the alternative to making an agenda-laiden documentary like Food, Inc.
- New website lets you use your money to crush other people’s dreams.
- HIV vs. Cancer: Altered Immune Cells Beat Leukemia
- If you watch this video, Toyota will donate a meal to a New York food bank
- Elementary schoolers doing the Haka is adorably badass
- Jimmy Fallon & Brad Pitt Have a Yodel Conversation Atop Two Rooftops in New York City
- 4 Hypnotic Wind-Powered Sculptures in Action
- Wedding guest translates store-bought card with really honest, really profane marital advice.
- The laziest possible way to tell your coworker happy birthday.
- The Top Ten Days Of The Week.
- Things Dogs Teach Us
- Friends hijack man’s attempt to tell a knock-knock joke on Facebook, and the result is way more entertaining.