Abbe and I got a big run in yesterday at Cooper River Park, 16 miles and finished in great shape. We treated ourselves to some coffee afterwards and then a modest celebratory dinner with some pizza from Riv.
BLP came over for a late afternoon meeting and we covered a lot of stuff for one of our best clients and even chatted about some potentially really cool ideas involving the future of both of our companies.
Today, I’ll be rooting for Bubs during the Pinelands League soccer tourney. The Lakers have real shot as the number one seed for a championship today. Go get ‘em boys!!!
Life in a Day – loved this documentary, this was the culmination of Youtube submissions of a day in the life of people all around the world edited together into a snapshot of life literally, in a day. People brushing their teeth, people eating, sleeping, dying, coming out to their grandmas… everything. Only complaint was the final clip – it felt kind of self-involved and contradictory to the realism of the previous portions of the film. Great concept, and fantastic execution. Highly recommended.
Prefontaine – I ordered this movie from my library as a surprise for Abbe and I to watch. We are runners and Steve Prefontaine is one of the icons in the running world. A man that died too young and changed the world of running in his few years on this earth. But holy shit, if I were a member of the Prefontaine family, I would have sued Jared Leto, the producer, directory and anyone that had anything to do with this piece of awful filmmaking. There is not one redeeming portion. Like at all. This could very well challenge Mannequin 2 for worst movie ever made.
Small Business/Tech Links…
- Don’t Have a Facebook Business Page? Why You Must Suck It Up & Create Your Facebook Business Page Today
- LinkedIn Marketing Tips For Law Firms – How Lawyers Can Attract and Retain More Clients Using LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Publicity: How Online Press Release Distribution Can Help You with Your LinkedIn Marketing Efforts
- Black Friday: 5 Apps That Make Bargain Shopping Easier
- “A Charlie Brown Christmas” Makes the iPad Feel Like Magic
- Kids Want iPads This Holiday Season – also in other news, some kids would like to eat or receive medical treatment this holiday season. So before you plunk down that much cash for your child, make sure you help someone that would trade their very best day for your child’s worst.
- Why Facebook’s Seamless Sharing is Wrong